The Lincoln County Cultural Coalition announces its grant recipients for 2016. In alpha order, the following Lincoln County organizations are funded:
• Artist’s Studio Association – $1,300 –“to enhance the artistic and cultural experiences of youth ages 7-13 by attending free art lessons focusing on sketching, drawing and the basic elements of art.
• Ernest Bloch Foundation – $325 – “to update the bronze plaque on the Ernest Bloch Memorial.”
• Friends of Yachats Commons – $1,200 – “to engage area youth in designing and painting a six foot by 200 foot mural on the cement wall behind the new skate park in the Yachats Commons Park.”
• Lincoln County Historical Society – $1,300 – “to establish the Pacific Maritime Heritage Center Tour Scholarship Program for Lincoln County Schools for free paid admission and assistance with transportation costs.”
• Lincoln Pops Orchestra – $500 – “to expand and develop the music library by purchasing twelve new arrangements.”
• Neighbors For Kids – $850 – “to conduct a twelve-week “Wisdom of Youth” art program encouraging students’ artistic development and teaching how to create a finished arts piece for display and for sale.”
• North Lincoln County Historical Museum – $1,275 – “to replace the failing microfilm reader/printer.”
The Coalition wishes to thank all art, heritage and humanities organization that applied. The Coalition receives it funds from the Oregon Cultural Trust, which it, in turn, re-grants.
For more information about the Coalition, which has representation throughout the county, or to serve on the committee, please call co-chairs, Niki Price at 541-994-9994, or Tom Hurst at 551-961-7297 or OCCA executive director, Catherine Rickbone at firstname.lastname@example.org.